This is a picture of my me and my husband

This is a picture of my me and my husband

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

For the week Monday September 17 to Friday September 21  we learned a lot about family trends. We learned that these trends have changed dramatically throughout the years. Also, it is important to know that many of these trends are correlated with each other. The first trend that we learned is people are getting married later in life. The second is birth rates have declined. The third, is that more people cohabit. We learned that around 60 to 80% of people cohabit before marriage which is very high number. That is a lot higher percentage than what used to be in years before. Further, the fourth trend is that working mother have increased. The fifth, more and more people are living alone. The sixth, Household size has decreased over years. The seventh, Premarital sex has increased. And eighth, unwed birth have increased. I thought it was very shocking learning about these trends. I had not really thought about how these trends are affecting the family and I have learned that it is important to be aware of these trends so that we can be aware how these trends can affect our own families if we are not aware of them. These were some of the things that I learned throughout this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment