This is a picture of my me and my husband

This is a picture of my me and my husband

Monday, December 10, 2012

As I was reviewing my notes and the homework that I completed for the week Monday November 26 to Friday November 30, we learned a lot about parenting. One of the things that we talked about in our class discussion about parenting that I found interesting is the different styles of parenting. The three different styles of parenting include, (1) Authoritarian, (2) Permissive, and (3) Authoritive. The Authoritarian parenting style is where parents are too harsh on their children. This parenting style may cause resentment towards the parents in the hearts of the children. This parenting style may get the job done but the children obey their parents out of fear towards their parents. The children strictly obey their parents not to make their parents happy or because they want to make their parents proud, but rather, it is because they are afraid of their parents. This parenting style is not the most efficient parenting style. It is not the best approach. There are better ways to parent. The second parenting style is a Permissive approach. This parenting style is also not the best approach. The Permissive parenting style is where the children hold the reins in the parent-child relationship. The parents do not have any rules for their children. They children sort of make up their own rules in a way because the parents allow them to do whatever they want. This approach, likewise, is not the best parenting style. The last parenting style is Authorative. This parenting style is where the parents have good boundaries and rules for their children but they are not too harsh, or too permissive. In this parenting style the parents know when to be strict and when to show love towards their children. For Authorative parenting style, when the parents need to make correction with their child, or discipline their child, they show an increased amount of love after they discipline. This way, their child knows they are loved by their parents and that they care about them. The three different parenting styles were some of the things that I learned this week that I found interesting. When I become a parent one day, I want to strive to take an Authoritive parenting style. By doing so, this will provide the best parenting style to meet my future children's needs. This was one of the most important things that I learned this week that I found very interesting and very applicable, as I one day will become a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment